- Spinach is often used as a base for salads, but is also popular in dips and cooked dishes.
- Research shows that spinach can help fight cancer. It also helps promote heart health and protects the brain from some of the symptoms of aging.
- Spinach also contains high amounts of folate, which has been shown to help protect against birth defects.
- Wrap leafy greens in a damp paper towel and store in the refrigerator to maintain freshness.
- Spinach should be fresh and crisp with no evidence of insect damage.